If you are not using a GUI in Linux, how are we going to change the proxy setting using commands to a shell to gain access to the internet?
First, check what is your current settings by typing:
- root@ubuntu:~# ENV | grep -i proxy
It will show you the current proxy settings you have. If not maybe you do not have ENV installed.
To change the settings type these commands:
- root@ubuntu:~# export http_proxy=”http://:”
- root@ubuntu:~# export ftp_proxy=”http://:”
- root@ubuntu:~# export http_proxy=”http://192.168.0.10:3128″
After setting it up, try accessing the internet. If you still can’t connect to the internet, your settings are wrong.
If you decide to return the default settings type:
- root@ubuntu:~# export HTTP_PROXY=”